Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bwangi from Zambia

Friends,

The "day" is finally over. John, Chris, and I have arrived safely and without setback.  Everyone I have met so far at the Navigators office have been so spirited and encouraging to me and the team.  Nelson and the Zambian staff team have done an incredible job preparing for our arrival and for organizing our summer.  I am insufficiently grateful to God for this experience thus far.

I thought it may have only been a commercial ploy, but it turns out that African kids really are THAT cute.

I am anxious to see what plans this ministry and God has for us this summer. We will meet students and the rest of the staff tomorrow. Everything I am learning and everyone I am meeting have been energizing me, so much so that I hardly feel the exhaustion to which I will inevitably succumb in a few minutes.

Please remain faithful in praying for us! I cannot begin to describe how amazing His responses have been. Your prayers have power, and He is listening!

"My mouth will speak the praise of the LORD, and all flesh will bless His holy name forever and ever!"
~Psalm 145:21

By His Grace,
Jon Chen