Saturday, July 30, 2011

Breakfast in America

Friends,

Crocs at Kalimba Farm
I am back in the U.S. of A., mostly. Without the strength of God, I might tear apart trying to straddle the oceans as I long for the "home" I find in different places. Everyone seems to be curious about the reverse culture shock (a common phenomenon for travelers abroad, especially in missions) I may be experiencing. Aside from the barrage of red, white, and blue merchandise found at Washington Dulles Airport, I have found myself adjusting back to this country with relative ease.

Thankfully, our travels remained true to the script. John's health has rapidly improved, and his time at home should be much more enjoyable than his last few days in Zambia. The last week there was difficult as we wrestled with thoughts of home and the things which await us. However, this week may be just as trying as I bounce between two worlds. So far, things seem to be going well. In my first day back, I have eaten several breakfasts (though not necessarily at breakfast hours) along with a boxful of homemade cookies. I am grateful for great friends like Steven Berube.

I hope to publish a web album through Google Photos before the end of the week. Keep an eye out for it in the coming days. For those of you whom I will see soon, I also will be working on a few video presentations. Pray for me as I rest (something that ironically requires diligence) and prepare for the coming semester. The excitement is definitely growing for this year!

By His Grace,
Jon Chen