Wednesday, July 13, 2011

ManiFeastations of God in Our Hearts

Friends,

Manifeastation has come to Zambia! For those of you who do not know the term manifeastation (man-i-feast-ation), I can briefly describe it as the uncompromising gathering of men looking to sharpen one another towards godliness, to share in life, and to partake of a feast. The men of the UNZA Pacers basketball B-squad will be coming this evening to meet, as they did last night, to listen to an audio version of the book by John Eldredge Wild at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul. Our first evening together was exciting, filled with dynamic discussion. These guys can barely wait to hang out tonight! I know many of you have been praying real-time for this, and God has answered mightily. We meet tonight at 1 p.m. Eastern Time, 7 p.m. local.

The ZamFam will be preparing for a transition from our focus at Ridgeway, to a crucial orientation week for incoming students at UNZA. Our struggles have partially been a result of the distance to the Ridgeway campus. I am praying our zeal will remain steadfast as we leave the Ridgeway ministry with as much momentum as God will provide, and as we jump into an unfamiliar environment at the larger UNZA main campus. I have been convicted of my lack of faith, doubting our heart for these students and believing that our labor may actually be done in vain. Now is a great time, as the summer trip careens (in a good way) to an end, to meditate and to pray:

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord."
~  1 Corinthians 15:58

Personally, the last few days have been a great blessing despite great trials. Even as I recover from fatigue, I am experiencing God in my life and in my observation of others. I will expound on these things as I have opportunity. Now, I cook spaghetti for a crowd! Mulungu aku dalise!

By His Grace,
Jon Chen